Go-To Veggie Quinoa Salad
I love having a salad I can take out of the fridge and eat as a main dish or side throughout the week. Little man has been loving it, big man loves it, and I love it because it’s so easy to make. There are many different ingredients you can add to make a fun variation: artichokes, olives, bell peppers, etc. Serve it with a side of hummus and maybe some turkey meatballs and you have yourself a quick week night meal. I also love that I can grab all of these ingredients in one trip to Trader Joe’s. This recipe usually lasts at least 2-3 days depending on how frequently we are eating it, but it can stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. Our toddler loves this salad, can’t you tell!
Go-to Veggie Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according package
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped Green onions
- 2 small persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- Feta cheese to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to packaged directions.
- Mix quinoa with cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, feta cheese, and cilantro.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl: olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Slowly combine with dry ingredients. Eat and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!