October Mortgage Payoff Status…and una sorpresa

October 16, 2013

It’s been a while folks………and here’s a little surprise:

Pregnancy announcement

Introducing the newest frugal member to our family: a baby boy is on the way!!! For the time being, we refer to him as Diego. We expect the arrival of our little Diego around mid-March and we are both soooooooooo excited!!! We are so stoked that he will come into a debt-free family!!!

With that said, we only have one more month until we are done paying our mortgage!!!!

If you are new to this blog, this is our visual aid for our mortgage payoff.  Every black piece represents a sum of money towards our debt. We take a piece off every time we reach the dollar value of a black piece.  We are still on track to pay this thing off next month 😉

In the beginning: June 2011

Mortgage debt visual aid.

September: 2 pieces removed!!!!

Mortgage payoff

October: 2 more pieces removed!!!!!!

Mortgage Payoff visual aid!

Holy Moly!  Time is certainly going by fast!

Some moments from the past month:

Friends

Right after I told my High School girlfriends I was pregnant….lots of screaming was involved after they realized that the picture of my “new puppy” was actually my ultrasound picture.

IMG_7545

The girls pointing to the newest member of our group.

IMG_7600

Hanging with Family in Solvang

IMG_7618

My mom, sister and myself at the LA county fair.

IMG_7676

Happy frugal family 😉

Thanks for stopping by!!

1. Sarah L. permalink
    October 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Congratulations on your baby, and God bless! I am inspired by your faith-filled life that you share on this blog. Thank you for sharing your news. 🙂

2. sensaatio permalink
    October 17, 2013 12:08 am

Congratulations!! 🙂

3. October 17, 2013 12:17 am

Congratulations to the both of you… almost mortgage free and starting a family.. well done!!! Smart going.

4. KatieP permalink
    October 17, 2013 12:24 am

Congratulations to both of you. That is so great. Congratulations on only three pieces left til payoff, That is AMAZING.

5. October 17, 2013 3:54 am

YAY!! Congratulations!!! I was wondering where you have been, I was missing your posts. I hope you had an easy first trimester and I’m so excited for you both. We are expecting our last little one this December so I am looking forward to read your posts about frugality and pregnancy =) Congratulations on both your pregnancy and your mortgage payoff! That is so exciting! x0x0

• October 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Thank you so much!!! That’s so sweet!!! Congrats on your last bundle of joy 😉 it was hard to blog when I had such a big secret, it wasn’t the same 😦 excited for what’s to come!!!

6. October 17, 2013 5:46 am

Congrats on the baby boy and a high five for the mortgage!

7. October 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I hope your pregnancy isn’t hard and that you will have a wonderful baby! And I can’t wait to see your mortgage update next month!!! Also, those baby shoes look adorable! 🙂

8. October 19, 2013 12:53 pm

best wishes on your pregnancy for good health and smooth labor and delivery!

9. October 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You and your husband are going to have such a beautiful baby Diego! What an awesome surprise!