Things to do in South Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe is an outdoor playground! We had so much fun being outside and enjoying the scenery. We went during the 4th of July and the weather was nice and warm. This was a very frugal trip because we spent so much time at the beaches, on hikes, running and riding our bikes. All very fun and inexpensive activities. Here is a list of fun things to do while traveling around South Lake Tahoe:
1. Paddle around El Dorado beach. You can either bring your own boards, or rent them at that beach (I believe it’s $20 per hour), but it’s a pretty sweet place to paddle. It’s fun to check out the houses around that part of the lake and all the different piers.
2. Stop at Snoflake! It’s just down the street from El Dorado Beach and it’s amazing! They specialize in soft-serve ice cream. If I were you I would get the smallest size possible because they are HUGE!!!! I got the chocolate dipped vanilla cone and it was amazing. They also serve up some delicious pesto fries 😉
3. Stop at Sprouts! If you are looking for a healthy, reasonably-priced meal or juice, this is the place to stop by! It’s also down the street from El Dorado Beach and it’s a super fun, granola-type of restaurant! (There is also a wine tasting place that I really wanted to try close to Sprouts that looked reasonable and fun.)
3. Go for an awesome mountain bike ride! We did a killer ride called the Flume trail. It was definitely a little challenging, but it had BEAUTIFUL views!!!!!! You can just take your time, and be prepared to walk your bike a little bit, but it’s awesome. Check out yesterday’s post.
4. Stop by D.L. Bliss beach! Parking can be a nightmare, so I suggest getting there early to get good parking and try to avoid going on the weekend! The water was amazing!!!!!!! This would be an awesome place to bring some inner tubes or paddles boards and just paddle around and enjoy the clear water.
5. We also did a day trip to Truckee which was about 45 minutes away from Lake Tahoe. I will be talking about that more in a future post, hopefully Friday 😉
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great day!!