Dutch Oven Lasagna
We love our dutch oven. It’s so fun to make new and different recipes with our dutch oven. I had always aspired to make lasagna with our dutch oven because it’s one of my favorite meals. How rad would it be to bust out with some warm, delicious, lasagna to share with friends while at the beach? It was pretty neat because we were able to feed quite a few people (6 adults to be exact with a quarter of the lasagna leftover,) two of which had just finished paddling about 7 miles on their stand-up paddle boards. We provided them with the perfect, most delightful nourishment they needed to paddle the 7 miles back to their car.
I adapted this recipe from a few different ones that I found on the internet. The key is to use no-boil noodles, and do not add any extra water! You don’t want to end up with lasagna soup, it’s just not the same. The other thing to keep in mind is that it tastes better when you share, so be sure that you have lots of friends around when you make this. They will appreciate it greatly!
Dutch Oven Lasagna
Feeds 6-8 hungry adults
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasonings
- 1 pound italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 box oven ready lasagna noodles
- 28 ounces of your favorite red spaghetti sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 12-inch dutch oven
- 2 large bowls for mixing
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Heat 12 inch dutch oven to 350 degrees (8 briquettes underneath, 17 to be placed on top.)
- Cook onions until translucent, add italian seasonings, sausage and beef. Cook until meat is brown. Set aside in a large bowl.
- I did this step at home, you can definitely do it at the beach/while camping: Mix ricotta, 6 ounces mozzarella, 1 egg, garlic powder and spinach together in a large bowl to make cheese mixture.
- Layer how you want 😉 We did the following layers: sauce, cheese mixture, meat, noodles, repeat. We topped it off with 6 ounces mozzarella cheese and all the parmesan cheese. Cook at 350 until cheese is brown, approximately 10-20 minutes.
- Eat, share and be merry!
Thanks for stopping by!