Fridays-Bottega Louie

March 15, 2013

I learned last night that eating a whole-food, plant based diet can reverse heart disease.  This shouldn’t be that big of a surprise, but it kind of is.  We watched forks over knives last night and I feel like I’m ready to go through my fridge and throw out anything that once had a mom and dad. The biggest bummer is that I LOVE hot dogs, but after seeing how they are made, I don’t think I can eat one again.

We went to Bottega Louie for the first time and we LOVED it!!!  I loved how their kitchen was open and you were able to see the chefs cook. They have a variety of fresh juices. My husband ordered the carrot juice and it was delicious!  Who knew?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Romans 12:12

Bottega Louie

{Carrot Juice and Salmon Eggs Benedict from Bottega Louie}

Bottega Louie

{Come to mama. Pastries from Bottega Louie}

Bottega Louis

{So many choices, so little time}

Rabobank

{Interesting name for a bank}

Have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

1. March 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi! I’m a new follower and a big fan of your blog =) I have heard such fantastic things about forks over knives and eating a plant based diet. My husband just started it at the beginning of this year (and I will probably be joining him once I’m not pregnant anymore.) He always says how he just physically and emotionally feels so much better when he isn’t eating a bunch of garbage.

Oh and that eggs benedict with salmon looks delicious!

Rebecca

2. March 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Haha love these pics NF, you and the hubby are so adorable with the poses hahaha I can’t wait to move back to SoCal!!

3. March 15, 2013 5:38 pm

I try to stay away from shows/movies about the food us Americans consume, because I am running out of things I can eat and enjoy 😦

4. Lauren permalink
    March 15, 2013 11:04 pm

That colorful wall of macarons always bring a tear to my eyes when I walk through that majestic doorway. I LOVE that place! Picture of you and the Mr looks like Solvang! That is one of our favorite places 🙂

5. March 16, 2013 12:36 am

I’ve been eating less meat as well, but simply because I just haven’t really craved for it… Semi-vegetarian works for me 🙂

6. March 17, 2013 4:37 pm

You’re going vegetarian? that’s good, you’ll see that there are many yummy recipes you can try [Pinterest will be your new best friend for this]

7. March 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Good luck on the diet change… my suggestion is to do it slowly… one meal at time will still make all the difference in the world!