Fridays

November 16, 2012

Seeing Dave Ramsey speak can be one of the most exhilarating and irritating things at the same time.  It’s exciting to see how saving and living below your means can accumulate wealth for retirement, it’s irritating because it’s difficult and we live in a society that hardly has self control. We want it and we want it now. I am definitely guilty of wearing the whiney, complainey pants every now and then when it comes to senseless purchases.

Breakfast with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law at Coffee Cup Cafe in Long Beach, before watching Dave Ramsey Live:

Coffee Cup Cafe, Long Beach

It’s true, your not living until you’re giving:

Tithing

Dinner with friends at Zaytoon’s in Santa Barbara:

Santa barbara

Glorious Beach Day in Dana Point:

Dana Point Beach

LA Fashion Week, supporting Continuous Clothing:

Continuous Line

Don't stop, stay continuous

Miles Ran this week: 21.  Half Marathon accomplished!!!

Bible verse of the week: Galatians 6:9″ And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”

Featured Article: Black Friday Shopping Tips by My Money Design

Thanks for reading!

1. November 17, 2012 10:37 am

Wow, I bet that was awesome to see Dave Ramsey Live.. what did you learn about that experience? What did he talk about the most that stuck in your head besides living below your means? Looks like you both have a busy week and live in one heck of a nice area… keep up with the running, good for you. Mr.CBB

2. November 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Every time I see your Friday posts, I can’t help but think about how jealous I am of your beautiful hometown. 🙂 Very cool you got to see Dave Ramsey!

3. November 17, 2012 8:36 pm

I’m a bit jelly you got to see him live. Is he as good of a speaker in person as he is on the radio? lol. That’s great how Dave is talking about the importance of giving. Can’t take it with you after all, so it’s better to do something good with it.

4. John S @ Frugal Rules permalink
    November 19, 2012 8:27 am

Awesome that you got to see Dave Ramsey live! My wife is originally from San Diego, so I can’t show her the awesome pics…otherwise I’d find myself planning a trip soon. 🙂

5. November 20, 2012 6:57 pm

you went to fashion week??? I so wished I could go too

• November 20, 2012 8:17 pm

It was only because my friend’s brother’s line was invited to go 😉 It was pretty fun!!!!

1. Happy Thanksgiving and William Shatner Deep Fried Turkey