Running for my life

November 9, 2012

Life has been so crazy the past 2 weeks.  From planning my husband’s mustache graduation party, to helping my sister with nursing school applications, to hanging out with my dad who is visiting from Afghanistan, it’s been nuts around here.

I’m running my very first half-marathon tomorrow and I never would have thought I could be so excited! (Never thought I would be able to run any more than 3 miles, so I’m super stoked. I love running now, it makes me feel alive.) My friend and I have been training for the past 3-4 months and we definitely feel ready!

I hope to have more time next week to make new posts such as: mustache party crafts and pictures, mortgage payoff update, life according to instagram and fridays (for the past 2 weeks…..yikes!)  Anyway, if you pray, say a little one for my friend and I tomorrow morning.  I’m praying for no rain.  Here’s a collage from some of the long runs we have done:

Running a half marathon

Matthew 19:26, “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'”

Thanks for reading!

Questions for you: What’s your favorite form(s) of exercise?

1. November 9, 2012 2:02 pm

Good luck tomorrow! That’s so amazing 🙂

2. November 9, 2012 2:22 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Crossing that finish line is such an awesome moment. Enjoy it!

3. November 9, 2012 7:42 pm

Good luck tomorrow! And thank you to your father…and your whole family for all the sacrifices you have made.

I was at a playgroup the other day when some of the moms started talking about how they usually run 5-6 miles a day with their kids in their jogging strollers. More power to them. I’m no where near you all yet!

4. November 10, 2012 5:01 am

Good luck! My exercise is bicycling. I’m now on the indoor cycle for cold/nasty weather days.

5. John S @ Frugal Rules permalink
    November 12, 2012 9:34 am

Good luck with the run! My wife has been wanting to do one for a while.

6. November 13, 2012 8:04 am

I am sure you had a good run 🙂

7. November 16, 2012 6:35 pm