Fridays

October 26, 2012

The countdown begins: two more weeks until the half marathon!  Ahhhh!!!!  I’m excited and nervous at the same time.  By the time this publishes I will have finished a 10-mile run with my friend….then off to work.  Anyone else running the Santa Barbara half marathon?

Here is another beautiful sunset at low tide. It looks like God had a field day and painted all kinds of fun colors in the sky:

Sunset in Southern California

Looks like a good book worth investing my time in:

Book of Don'ts for wives and husbands

A friend’s Hawaiian-esque backyard retreat:

Hawaiian backyard

Get together with friends from high school:

Breakfast photo collage

Miles ran: 21

Hours worked: 45

Featured article: Truth and Cake: So You Want to Start a Blog: Part II

Featured blog: L Bee and the Money Tree

Bible Verse of the week: “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation,” Psalm 13:5

Questions for you: Any awesome blog posts you have read recently? Leave the link in the comments below.

1. October 26, 2012 7:47 am

My goal is to run a 5K, but I’d love to get up to a half before I die! Good for you!!

2. October 26, 2012 8:32 am

Beautiful sunset photo! And a friend of my gave me the exact two books not too long ago, they are very fun for a laugh 😀

3. October 26, 2012 8:50 am

What a beautiful sunset, gorgeous truly.
    You are going to have such a great time running the 1/2 marathon. I did a full several years back, but I should have started with a half because I was pretty beat after it. However, I am still amazed at myself for finishing a full. Crazy! I remember as soon as I crossed the finish line I swear about twenty million emotions/feelings ran through my body and I started to cry and I could not walk… Talk about an emotional breakdown. Anyway, it was a great experience and I plan to do another one, eventually… Actually, I really want to do the Nike Women Marathon 🙂
    Happy Friday!
    -CAT

• November 28, 2012 2:51 pm

GOod for you for doing a full marathon! How many years ago was that? I agree…I would LOVE to do the Nike Women marathon someday 😉

• November 30, 2012 11:53 am

That was back in 2008.

In 2009 I registered for the Nike Women maranthon, but never made it 😦 I’ll try some other time.

4. October 26, 2012 7:32 pm

I’d totally pick up those books! Not for applicable advice, but it’s crazy to see what norms were in different eras in our society.

5. cuparoons permalink
    October 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Love your blog, Nurse Frugal! So happy to read your postings about being frugal, it’s something I work hard to do, too:) It’s a little bit easier for me here up north (vs. Southern California) because there are so many local farmer’s markets and easier access to good, inexpensive food. I’ll continue to follow your postings and adventures of a frugal nurse!

• October 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks Anna! I’m so jealous of the plethura of frugal markets you have 😉 I bet our sourdough bread isn’t as delicious as up there either! So excited to start reading your blog!!!

6. October 26, 2012 9:57 pm

That is indeed a beautiful sunset! The food in that last photo looks amazing too! I love brunch!!! I actually experiment a lot with pancakes and waffles at home too 😀

• October 27, 2012 2:51 pm

I want to try this recipe I found for Pumpkin Apple pancakes 😉 So delicious!

7. October 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Wow!!! I already like your blog. 🙂 You are so active! Good luck with the half-marathon, enjoy the books, and have an amazing time in Santa Barbara. The weather is amazing there. 🙂 Unfortunately, NYC is about to get hit by Hurricane Sandy!

8. October 28, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you for the feature. I’m so excited!! 🙂

9. November 2, 2012 9:57 pm

This one girl (Brooke) came walking in. As I was saying, “Great job! Look at what you are accomplishing,” I noticed she was crying. I asked if it was her first half marathon. Brooke said yes. I said, “You are one minute away from becoming a half-marathoner.” She started crying harder. Then I started crying. It was so emotional! She was so proud and empowered to be a half-marathoner! Amazing.

1. Monthly Moneytree Cowgirl Rodeo Round-Up (October) - L Bee and the Moneytree