September Mortgage Payoff Status

September 29, 2012

I have been MIA for the past 3 days.  I was busy working and we did a quick day trip to Santa Barbara to get some dental work done for Husband. If you are new here, this is our visual aid for our mortgage payoff.  Every black piece represents a sum of money towards our debt. We take a piece off every time we reach the dollar value of a black piece. Let’s get to it:

In the beginning, June 2011:

Mortgage payoff visual aid

August of 2012:

Debt payoff visual aid

September of 2012, we were able to take one piece off:

Visual aid for mortgage debt payoff

What a month it’s been!  Here were our different struggles this month and the different reasons we had to access our emergency fund.  BOOOO!!!!!!:

*I lost and found our cash envelope system….that was a close one!
*Husband started having a lot of dental pain which led us to go to the dentist and two trips to the route canal specialist.

At the dentist
*Husband’s dinosaur computer decided to die one month before he graduates with his bachelor’s degree.  How convenient!
*Nurse Frugal went approximately $12 OVER her recreation category (totally my fault……and not cool ;( ), and as usual I ate every little bit of my money.  What can I say? It tastes good 😉

Struggles I anticipate this next month:

*Preparing for a half marathon, therefore less time to work and more money that needs to be spent (on half marathon stuff.)
*More dental bills.

My Recreation Money….Where did it go?

In my stomach 😉

$12.98-“Jalapeno’s” Mexican food
$3.95-Starbucks
$18.06-“El Campeon”, lunch with friend
$27.24-“Guppy House”, dinner with friend
$13.57- 5 Guys….totally worth it!
$4.62-Panera Bread
$42 cash…..where did it go?
$3.57-Itunes….I do know how to spend my money on something else besides food 😉

Thanks for stopping by!  Would love to hear your thoughts!

1. September 29, 2012 10:41 am

Glad to hear you found your money, sad to hear you had unexpected expenses but they happen right. Good thing for Emergency Savings. How much longer until you pay it off completely? Or your estimate?

• October 1, 2012 11:38 pm

My estimate is 1 year…hopefully sometime by September of next year!!! I need to pray for no more emergencies!

2. September 29, 2012 10:47 am

Nice Breakdown of your month! Keep up the good work. Some months are tougher than others, but I think just like with running, you take the journey one step at a time.

What half marathon are you training for? I am doing the LA Rock & Roll Half Marathon at the end of October! Good luck with your training!

• October 1, 2012 11:40 pm

I’m doing the Santa Barbara half on the beginning of November! I have a talented friend who is a seasoned runner, she is helping me with the training 😉

3. September 29, 2012 6:31 pm

As soon as I noticed this site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

4. September 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Oh! Dental work! Hope everyone’s feeling better! That’s one of the worst emergencies to run into both pain and money wise.
    You’re kicking butt, though! For all the unexpected stuff that came up….great job!

5. September 30, 2012 1:58 pm

I am deeply impressed that your husband let you take a photo of him in the dentist’s chair with the big thing they use to hold your mouth open …can you tell I have had that thing in my mouth before? Anyway, and he let you post it, or at least he didn’t destroy the camera to keep you from posting it! Hope he is feeling better! By the way, I foud your blog by way of Pioneer Woman!

• October 2, 2012 9:15 am

He’s a good sport that way 😉 Nice to meet you!!! I LOVE Pioneer Woman! She’s hilarious!!!!!

6. September 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Interesting puzzle with each piece representing the mortgage pay off. Minor set backs because life happens. Keep up the good work, you’ll get back in the groove.

7. September 30, 2012 6:48 pm

I love the visual aid for your mortgage pay-off! Congrats on taking a black piece off 🙂

8. October 1, 2012 4:38 am

I’m doing a half-marathon too this October, it’s a mud run and I’m pretty excited 🙂 I’m also looking forward to doing a good budget [and sticking to it] on account that the mr. got a new job [yei!] so if you’ve got any tips they’re welcome 🙂

• October 2, 2012 9:25 am

Yeay!!!! Where is your half-marathon mud run? I’m so excited that you guys are going to do a budget!!! It is such a great thing!!! First thing I recommend is checking out that program YNAB! It is so easy and you can put in your transactions on your phone when you are out and about and it will sync up to the husband’s phone 😉

9. October 2, 2012 3:30 am

that dentist photo of Mr BT is great, I hope it all went well and that there will be no more mishaps!

• October 2, 2012 9:26 am

lol…..he’s a nice man for letting me take that picture 😉 I hope so too, it was such a bummer!!!!

10. October 5, 2012 3:17 am