Life in Instagram pictures

September 25, 2012

Good morning!  This has been a fun week spending lots of time with friends, and now so much time working ;(

Lately I’ve been looking on etsy.com and pinterest for inspiration on throwing a “mustache” party.  Husband is graduating with his Bachelor’s degree in about a month and I’m trying to figure out the most budget way to throw a fun party for about 50 people.  Any party-throwing suggestions? Here’s a recap of life according to my Instagram photos:

Instagram

Clockwise from top left:

1. So happy to be part of my friend’s surprise engagement last year!
2. Hanging out with one of my friends: llamas + Mexican food +the beach = one great day!
3. My friend and I being dorks in Idyllwild last year. She was pregnant at the time and I made her do a crazy hike!  What was I thinking?
4. Our friend’s babies having a party at the beach.
5. Free concert in Costa mesa. Saw Wildcat Wildcat for the first time, such an awesome band!!
6. Killer day at the beach!
7. The stache named Alejandro is coming back into town.
8. Picture of Dave Ramsey from last year at his conference! Excited to see him again in a few weeks 😉

Questions for you: Any ideas on how to save on throwing a party?  Any good recommendations for websites to check-out for party supplies? What’s a good budget for a 50 person party?

1. September 25, 2012 1:32 pm

A Mustache Party sounds like a lot of fun! You know, a few months back Kandee Johnson, a YouTube beauty guru, showed how to DIY Mustache cup… That could be a fun and easy “party favor” for your party… Basically, you draw a mustache on a surface (with a Sharpie) then bake it in your over on low heat for a few hours and that’s it. Look for the video on YouTube.
    -CAT

• October 1, 2012 11:30 pm

Wow….totally going to look it up! Such great advice! How did you even stumble upon the video? Thanks for sharing!!!

• October 2, 2012 11:00 am

Kandee is a make-up artist… I subscribe to her channel on YouTube… It was something she did a DIY on.

2. mrsplungedindebt permalink
    September 26, 2012 7:20 am

Friends of mine just went to a mustache themed bachelorette party, it was hysterical. Pinterest and etsy are the 2 best spots, good luck!

• October 1, 2012 11:32 pm

How fun!!! It sounds like a blast! I cannot believe how many things are on etsy with the mustache theme…..thousands of different fun stuff! Makes it hard to stick to my budget!

3. September 27, 2012 12:38 pm

I like your blog! Just stopping by to say so! I’m new and trying to figure everything out