How to utilize leftover Pumpkin Puree: Pumpkin Smoothies!

September 24, 2012

Last week I made some pumpkin spice and cheese bread and ended up with pumpkin puree leftover.  Last year after I made a pumpkin cheesecake, I ended up letting the pumpkin puree go to waste ;(  Now that I am refining my frugal ways I decided to be resourceful and finish up the puree.  I came across this easy recipe for pumpkin smoothies, it’s delicious and tastes like pumpkin pie.  Let me know what you think!

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Pumpkin spice smoothie

Adapted from Healthful Pursuit

Ingredients:

2 cup vanilla soy milk (or any milk product of your choice1 cup pumpkin puree1 banana
1 tsp maple syrup1 tsp vanilla extract1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg
pinch all spice
whipped cream topping
1/4 cup multi-grain oats

Directions:

1. Blend everything except for whipped cream in blender

2. Top with whipped cream

Serves 2.

Thanks for stopping by!

Questions for you: What is your favorite kind of smoothie? How do you make it?

1. Healthy Glow Nutrition permalink
    September 24, 2012 11:17 am

I am totally making this! I have leftover pumpkin in the fridge and just bought a whole set of new spices this weekend 🙂 Thanks for a really great idea and use for leftover pumpkin puree 🙂

• October 1, 2012 11:13 pm

Did you ever do it? I love pumpkin anything!!!

• Healthy Glow Nutrition permalink
        October 2, 2012 1:41 pm

I made it the same day you posted yours 😉 I am going to make pumpkin pie this weekend, it is Canadian Thanksgiving 😉

2. Healthy Glow Nutrition permalink
    September 24, 2012 11:35 am

I just made it! Perfect afternoon snack idea! I used leftover coffee from this morning, vanilla almond milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, freshly grated clove, and for extra protein 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder 😉 Thanks again for the inspiration! 😉

• October 1, 2012 11:14 pm

oops…..I wish I read this one before my last message! Yum!!! Your take is way more healthy then mine…….I must try!

3. September 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Yum! Another simple pumpkin puree recipe I recently heard of is Pumpkin Cupcakes. Yup, basically take your leftover puree add it to a box of yellow cake mix and VOILA! I want to try to make them this fall.
    -Cat

4. Life and all things love permalink
    September 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Yum!

5. September 25, 2012 12:45 am

I need to get a better blender, this looks very seasonal. I have smoothies all the time, but I’ve never thought of having one with pumpkin in it. My favorite for this time of year involves cinnamon, cranberries, apples, and a banana or two.

• October 1, 2012 11:21 pm

Interesting….I never thought to use cranberries in a smoothie! It’s very convenient to make when you have a little extra after you have already made something pumpkin! The can is so huge!

6. September 25, 2012 7:47 am

HI! =) I nominated you for the Liebster blog award for your fun and inspiring blog
    Hope you would entertain amidst your busy schedule . =)

7. September 26, 2012 6:32 am

Looks yummy!

8. September 27, 2012 9:51 am

I’ll have to keep this in mind when I crack open my can of pumpkin!

9. September 27, 2012 8:24 pm

That looks Good!

10. September 29, 2012 9:47 am

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

11. September 30, 2012 4:27 am

Oh, how great! I’ve been wanting to make a spiced pumpkin bread which calls for pumpkin puree. I was going to make my own if I couldn’t find organic canned pumpkin… i’ll just do this! I guess it shouldn’t be too watery then mix… i’ll have to see how it turns out. Thanks!