Mini Banana Cream Pies with Peanut butter and chocolate covered bananas
I saw the ideas to make both the Mini Banana Cream Pies and the Peanut butter and chocolate covered bananas from pinterest. I made my own adaptation of them to suit the ingredients I wanted to use. Adapted from here and here.
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 small box of banana pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 container cool whip or 1 can whip cream
2 large bananas
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter
Parchment or wax paper
1. Cut each puff pastry into quarters once semi-softened. Lightly grease a medium to large sized muffin tray. Place a quarter of puff pastry into muffin holes. Bake according to box (mine took approximately 17-20 minutes, wait until puff pastry is cooked through and brown.)
2. Make banana pudding according to box, refrigerate.
3. Line a large plate with a sheet of parchment or wax paper.
4. Heat the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave for one minute. Stir until smooth.
5. Cut each banana into 6 good-sized pieces
6. Dip each piece into chocolate mixture being sure to leave space on parchment between each piece. Freeze for one hour to harden.
7. Remove puff pastry from oven. Let cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Once puff pastry is cooled and pudding is set, top each puff pastry with a layer of pudding and cool whip. Top with a peanut butter and chocolate banana piece.
Questions for you: Any fun new recipes you have tried lately? Any new pins you are looking forward to making?
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Monday!