Higher Calling: Where your money Should be going.
I can name at least 10 stupid things I spend my money on:
2. Eating out (especially when I have food at the house).
3. Clothes (I have a ton of clothes in my closet).
5. Chapstick (The chapstick bandit must be coming around and stealing them because I can never seem to find them).
6. Candy (It clogs my arteries.)
7. DVD’s. (So expensive! And I never watch movies, seems like such a waste.)
8. Plastic utensils (If I really wanted I could wash the utensils I take the beach and reuse them. Some call it cheap, I call it frugal).
9. Accessories (really? They are fun and all, but I definitely don’t NEED them).
10. Excessive gas (I can walk or ride my bike to at least half of the places I visit frequently).
If I were to eliminate some of these costs I could be giving more of my money to people and organizations that matter. The bottom line is that there will ALWAYS be someone more in need then ourselves:
Heifer International: “Ending hunger and caring for the earth.”
Kids Around the World: “Building playgrounds, building hope.”
Nuru International: “Ending extreme poverty one community at a time.”
Homeboy Industries: “Jobs not jails.”
Young Life, Oc Capernaum: “Live Life to the Fullest.”
What are you doing about it?
Questions for you: Where do you give? Or do you? Is it your church? Friends? Family? Charities? Please leave a link to any websites you think are worthy.