Getting old and Frugal tips for Disneyland

July 19, 2012

Hello!  Last week I went to Disneyland with my mom, sister and aunt as a pre-birthday celebration from my mom.  Hi mom, thanks! We got park hopper tickets thanks to family friends that get a great Disney discount.  My aunt and mom even got on that California Screamin’ Roller Coaster, totally awesome!!  I’m getting old, I’m now officially 27, but it’s like wine: only gets better with age;)

I caught a whiff of something funky:

Frugal tip for Disneyland:

BRING YOUR OWN STUFF!!  That’s right, water, snacks and even food. It’s so inexpensive when you aren’t paying the Mouse for food and drinks.  I went to a local Stater Bros Market right before we left and ordered a huge $10 sandwich that easily fed 4 starving women.  We all brought our own water bottles (as long as it’s not glass they will allow you to bring it in) and snacks.  I carried a backpack so I didn’t have to check anything into the lockers, and just by doing that we probably saved at least $40.

Come to mama:

My sister loves her Yoda backpack:

May the force be with you

The rest of the day:

Nurse Frugal

Questions for you: When was the last time you went to Disneyland?  Any Fun frugal tips for going to amusement parks?  Is aging really like wine….gets better with age?

Thanks for reading!  Have a great Thursday!

1. July 19, 2012 10:47 am

That’s a great way to save! Love that backpack she has haha

2. July 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I love these tips! I agree, amusement park food can be so pricey, so I always bring my own food when I go! x

The Style Moodboard

3. July 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Haha, I love how you call yourself old when you are in your 20s 😉

Looks like it was a fun girls trip!

4. admin permalink
    July 20, 2012 12:44 am

great trips..

5. July 24, 2012 1:24 pm

i liked your blog

6. July 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog 🙂 I love that yoda backpack. Bet it made a few people look twice. We don’t really have any amusement parks around Perth. There’s a small place down in Mandurah with a ferris wheel and a bunch of carnival games. I remember when we were kids we found a machine where you could win prizes easily because it was running slow or something, and we hammered it and took all the little stuffed toys we could possibly want.

Love the photos too 🙂