Grilled Tuna Steak
Finally a food entry! I recently purchased a Rachael Ray 30-minute Meal Book at the Friends of the Library used book sale for $2, and thought it was time to try a new recipe.
Tuscan-Style Grilled Tuna Steaks, adapted from Rachael Ray
- 4 fresh Tuna steaks 1-inch thick
- The zest of 1 lemon
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry.
- Zest the lemon. Pile the rosemary and parsley leaves on top of zest and garlic and steak seasoning on top of herbs.
- Mix the garlic, herbs and spices with your knife into a finely chopped mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over tuna steaks. Rub herb and garlic mixture onto fish. Let stand 10 minutes
- Grill tuna steaks 2-3 minutes on each side for medium, or 5 minutes per side for well done
*Be sure to buy 1-inch thick tuna steaks or leave on for appropriate amount of time. I wasn’t paying attention to directions and bought thick steaks that needed to be cooked several minutes longer.
Thanks for reading!