Journey to becoming debt free by 27!?!?

June 19, 2012

Mr. BigTime and I haven’t had a “mortgage-debt-payoff” celebration in 2 months. It’s time that I post an update of our mortgage pay off status.  We just figured out that there MIGHT be a possibility that we could pay off the house by July of next year which would make me 27 with a paid-off house 😉  We were only able to take two chunks off in the past two months because we have been out of town so much.  It’s easy: you don’t work, you don’t get paid! For those of you just tuning into this blog for the first time, the following is a picture of our visual aid for our Mortgage debt. Each black piece represents a sum of money, every time we pay off that amount we are able to take a piece off.

This is when we started a little over a year ago:

Debt payoff visual aid

As of June 2012:

Visual Aid debt payoff

1. sensaatio permalink
    June 19, 2012 12:19 pm

27 with a paid-off house sounds amazing! Good luck! 🙂

• June 20, 2012 2:32 am

Thank you!!! Are we the only country who buys stuff with loans? I know of Central American countries that buy property outright, how about Finland? Are mortgages common there?

2. June 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Wow, that is incredible! I would love to be debt free. We just bought a new house last summer so we will be paying on this thing for the next 29 years. Eh.

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

• June 20, 2012 2:35 am

Thank you!! Once we got going and actually saw traction, it wasn’t an option to stop….it gets so exciting 😉

3. June 23, 2012 7:36 pm

I’m 21 and yet to buy anything! I hope it flows as smoothly for me. And I love the idea of a visual aid. I’m sure you guys can make it 😀

• June 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Thank you Yasmeen!!! 21 is so young, you have PLENTY of time 😉 Thanks for the support 😉

4. December 27, 2012 10:04 pm

I guess 27 with a paid-off house is something that every folk desires, but some attend. And you are one of the lucky dudes. But, simply it’s your hard work and sheer determination that is going to pay off. Anyway, I’ve come across many such ‘debt payoff’ posts before, but never saw something like this. I mean the portrait! Where did you get this from? Is it hung in your wall? And what does it mean? Well. lemme guess! This is telling how much you paid and how much still left as of now, right? I hope to hear your comment. One more thing, you have not mentioned how you did it! Any special way? Any secrets? 😉 Hope you share here!! take care! 🙂