1 dough ball from a package of Bridgeford dough
2 egg whites
1/2 white onion
1/2 cup red sauce
1 chopped green bell pepper
6 ounces sliced mushrooms
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
1 package of hot Italian sausage
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 chopped artichoke hearts
1. Prepare Bridgeford dough, same as preparing for pizza in this post (steps 2 and 3.) Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook hot Italian sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic.
3. Add sauce and sauteed vegetables to half of the calzone, as well as cheese and artichoke hearts.
4. CAREFULLY fold over half of dough and press edges together to make a thick crust. Transfer over to a baking sheet lined with foil.
5. Whisk together two egg whites. Brush egg whites over calzone.
Optional: top with few sprinkles of mozzarella or parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.