Crafty Calzones

2 cloves of finely chopped garlic

1 package of hot Italian sausage

1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese

1/4 chopped artichoke hearts

Ingredients for calzone

Directions:

1. Prepare Bridgeford dough, same as preparing for pizza in this post (steps 2 and 3.) Preheat oven to 375.

2. Cook hot Italian sausage,  pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic.

3. Add sauce and sauteed vegetables to half of the calzone, as well as cheese and artichoke hearts.

4. CAREFULLY fold over half of dough and press edges together to make a thick crust. Transfer over to a baking sheet lined with foil.

Calzone before entering oven

5. Whisk together two egg whites. Brush egg whites over calzone.

Optional: top with few sprinkles of mozzarella or parmesan cheese.

Egg whites

6. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.

Baked calzones

1. 161cm permalink
    April 30, 2012 9:33 pm

OMG that looks so delicious! 🙂 I love calzones, even though they make me extremely full by the time I’m done with them.

161cm.com

joanne.choi

• May 1, 2012 1:55 pm

They were quite delightful, I could only finish a little sliver because they are SOOOOOO filling!!! There were tons of leftovers!!!

2. May 1, 2012 1:25 pm

yum! your calzones look professional. i like the fillings you chose! i think i’d do a super veggie calzone or a pepperoni calzone 🙂

PS: i also just wanted to let you know that if you subscribed to my blog @ wordpress.. i switched over and you can now subscribe to my RSS or get my recipes by email at my new site: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com – i am no longer with wordpress

• May 1, 2012 1:56 pm

Pepperoni Calzone sounds tasty! Thanks for the info….how come you switched from wordpress?

• May 1, 2012 1:58 pm

i wanted to host my own site. i am still under wordpress – (wordpress.org), i just host my blog myself 🙂

• May 1, 2012 2:04 pm

Good for you girl…looks FANTASTIC!!!