Favorite Camp Dessert!

June 11, 2012

Three weeks ago while we were in Yosemite I discovered one of the most incredible camping desserts known to man, I will call it “Banana Delight”!  Our friends got the idea out of a camping magazine, and it’s very simple to make.

Ingredients for Banana Delight:

Brown Sugar

Peanut Butter

Butter

Marshmallows

Milk chocolate

Ripe bananas

Foil

Anything else your heart desires ;)

Directions:

Cut bananas in half as shown in above picture

Place bananas on top of large square sheet of foil (big enough to wrap up ingredients into a pouch).

Arrange ingredients as desired between and above bananas.

Wrap up foil into loose pouch around ingredients.

Place on grill close to camp fire for approximately 15 minutes or until most ingredients are melted (this will require periodic checking.)

When contents are done, should appear to look gooey as shown in the following picture:

I promise it tastes ten times better then it looks!

Top it off with some of this:

About these ads
  1. June 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Oh, delish! We used to make them when I was in school in England, but we’d leave everything in the banana peel… Make a long slice in the peel and stuff in chocolate etc. Put over the fire then eat with a spoon right out of the peel :) So yummy!

• June 12, 2012 8:43 am

I feel I’ve been living under a rock all these years not knowing about this dessert ;(

2. June 11, 2012 6:15 pm

That looks so yummy! Such a good dessert for camping :) thanks for checking out my blog!

161cm.com

joanne♥choi

3. June 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Oh wow.. I am at a loss for words.. just wow…can’t wait to try it

4. June 18, 2012 2:48 am

As my fiancé and I are doing a lot of camping, I definitively will give a try to it, it sounds very yummy!!!!!

• June 18, 2012 9:20 am

It’s so tasty!!!! Especially on a cooler day because it’s warm and gooey ;)